Saturday, 8 October 2016

Faux Fairy Doors

Photo:  Facebook
Here's a story that illustrates the weird and wacky goings on that are a feature of the TQ9 postcode that centres on Totnes, the hippy-est of towns. A spate of little homes have appeared in nooks and crannies on trees around Dartington Hall. Rather than being pleased that the  fairies have made their presence known on the estate, the folks up there are cross.  They suspect that this is not the work of the little people, For they are shy and retiring and would never advertise the whereabouts of their homes.  Rather they believe that human hands are at work and naughty ones at that.  For these are people who make holes for door furniture in living tree and use paint that might not be good for them.  My first thought though when I spotted the post on Facebook was that they were rather cute!

7 comments:

  1. I think their cute and don't appear to be cuts in tree, rather using a knothole.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Apparently it's the teeny holes for the door handle and the knocker that are the problem. xx

      Delete
  2. I like them. You always get some miserable so and so's who moan about anything.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm a fan too. Might go and search some out one lunch break. xx

      Delete
  3. Oh, I do think it's a lovely idea. And what fun it would be to have a wander around town looking for all the different ones. Cheers, NannyAnny in Canada

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it could catch on. I wonder if you could take a template of the knothole and then make a little wooden door to size to fit it so it didn't upset the ecology of the tree. xx

      Delete
  4. I also think that they are cute. I think that your idea of a template is a good one.

    ReplyDelete