Sunday, 30 October 2016

I'm A Single Lady (Not!)

I wasn't sure why I've been feeling a bit angsty over the last few weeks. So I turned inward for a bit of navel gazing.  'What is it that I really want?'  I asked of the bit of my body to where my umblical cord was attached.  And lo, the belly button replied!  ' Go and find a bloke.'  it counselled. 'You know all that 'vanting to be alone' stuff is really complete and utter bullshit.'

And so I shared my thoughts with Salty Dog and Mr Metrosexual.  I told them that  definitely, definitely, definitely I wasn't going to go back online.  But what does a busy girl do? Forty eight hours from that last conversation I set up a profile on a dating site and braced myself to disappoint any man who wanted me to rustle up an S&M dungeon in my spare room.

But this time it didn't happen like that.  There's a  different and much less complicated story and boy, do I love a bit of simplicity.  It involves a perfectly lovely man and, on the way,  a tour around a power plant.  I might divulge all another time.  He ticks boxes, some that I didn't even know needed ticking.  Anyway at some point yesterday we decided that we'd both give stopping being single a go.  I suppose I'll have to stop smiling soon or else my face will crack.  'Are you going to blog about me?' he said.  ' I might do.' was my response.  Just have to come up with an alias for him in Blogland now! 

32 comments:

  1. Ooh, how exciting! I love the aliases you give your nearest and dearest (even though I'm confused about who they all are, not having been a reader from the start....I should go back and read from the beginning!). I hope the 'no longer single' thing works out well for you both.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll have to do a 'glossary type' post about them all soon to end your confusion. xx

      Delete
  2. Wow, let's have a look at this bloke.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope you've enjoyed your secret peep! xx

      Delete
  3. I am very happy for you and send you all good wishes for a great future together.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, I would love to take a tour round a power plant!

    Glad to hear you're smiling, have lots of fun together.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great great great news! Have fun.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well thats fun need to wake up to read. Now you have me trying to think of names. Power plant first date? There must be something there.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations! How lovely and I look foward to hearing more about him and the power plant!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful Julie! I think you gave a little hint a while back didn't you? JanF

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not sure I did. He's not been around really very long at all! xx

      Delete
  9. Hope it all goes well, just tell us when to buy a new hat!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There's always plenty of excuses to buy hats! xx

      Delete
  10. Such exciting news! I have had to push the dog off my lap to come to the computer! I can't seem to easily do comments on the iPhone, which is what I was reading on. Go girl. Can we all come to the wedding ? And..please do blog about him, he can have whatever alias he likes. We will love him if you do. Good luck. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Will blog about him. Planning to do some cool stuff with him. xx

      Delete
  11. Hooray for Lovelybloke! I love the idea of that date!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Now there's an idea for a name.....! xx

      Delete
  12. Excellent news! I am very pleased for you. The only power plant thing I can think about is Homer Simpson. It isn't him, is it?!! I don't see you with very tall blue hair somehow! Helen x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lordy no - he's not yellow and doesn't drink Duff. I used to work with a man once who was the spit of Mr Burns. xx

      Delete
  13. Truly amazing I am in suspense, what next? This a real time romance unfolding, how does he feel,? George

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Perhaps you'd like to do a guest post giving your side of the story Gorgeous George!! xxxxx

      Delete
    2. Is this Lovelybloke in disguise as George?

      Delete
  14. Lovely news. Enjoy your time together. Cherish each other and make time to laugh. Fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That seems to be in line with my plans. Great set of instructions. xx

      Delete
  15. Oh, what marvellous news! I am looking forward to hearing all about him and also seeing a picture. I hope it all goes swimmingly. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe picture soon. If he's not shy! xx

      Delete
  16. Well, that's fabulous news to read as I catch up after a couple of weeks away from blogworld!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you like it. Much love to you and J xx

      Delete