Wednesday, 12 October 2016

In The Style Of.......

As I've demonstrated before my hometown of Brixham is rather photogenic.   There's so much of interest to snap at.  Today I thought I'd show off some more of my shots. These ones though have a twist.

My mate 'Ken' the husband of Barbie Nurse, introduced me to Prisma, an app that manipulates photos.  It gives them a certain 'je ne sais quoi' that is reminscent of different artists, both famous and up and coming.  I was pretty taken by his family portraits that had been reinvented to look like cover illustrations to Enid Blyton books of the '50s.  But there's a plethora of styles to choose from   Here's the Vigilance, a beautifully restored sailing trawler transformed in the style of a Philippino illustrator called Daril Feril.  






I clapped my hands with glee when I decided to 'do a Mondrian' with a picture of boats in the harbour and Prisma came up with this!  It's so wonderful that I can still conjure up  such childlike delight, in my sixth decade of this earth!


6 comments:

  1. That is so cool. I shall check that out. Thanks for sharing this with us! And yes, Brixham is very photogenic- even without the tweaks. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Prisma image is beautiful. I shall have to have a go at that…..is it a free app?

    ReplyDelete
  3. This look fab. must have a look at it. Thanks for sharing
    Carolx

    ReplyDelete