Friday, 7 October 2016

Suddenly Autumn

On Wednesday evening I popped around unannounced to see Mr Metrosexual and Ruff Stu after work for a cuppa.  Bless their little cotton socks! My visit turned into supper complete with  a couple of large glasses of wine.  Result! After watching my first episode of this season's 'Bake Off'  I toddled back home.  It's a ten minute walk and I don't do drink driving.

So yesterday morning I was up with the larks and went for a little stroll to retrieve the car.  I was dressed in the Birkenstocks that have been my preferred footwear for the last few months.  My!  Didn't my toes get nippy.  All of a sudden it's got colder and autumn has arrived.

I dug around in the bottom of the wardrobe for the calf length Doc Marten boots that I've had for a couple of years now  They'll serve me for many more seasons.   Like my wedding Crocs they are not stereotypical of their brand,  not a hint of bovver boot about them.   They could do with a good polish though!


8 comments:

  1. Yes it is definitely much colder now. I put the winter duvet on last night, and my left eye is pouring tears on the morning dog walk….a sure sign of colder air! Very grey here this morning.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Was grey in Devon yesterday but has brightened up in time for my washing to be hung outside today xx

      Delete
  2. Those are fab! As of this year I am a DM convert!
    Arilx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Have owned DMs at different times in my life. Never the standard lace up bovver boot though. xx

      Delete
  3. My flip flops stayed at home today and the boots went on. It's definitely getting cooler.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You managed two days more than me. Well done!!!! xxx

      Delete
  4. I might just have to wear some socks with my Crocs soon. (Hand-knitted wool socks).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hand knitted. Now there's an achievement! xx

      Delete