Thursday, 6 October 2016

The 'Suicide is Painless' People

I've accumulated a whole bunch of pictures and prints over the summer which need framing.  The days are long gone since great chunks of blu-tack sufficed for displaying my art works.

In my university days a poster of Dali's Sacrament of the Last Supper  hung above my bed.  It occasionally launched itself off the wall and I'd wake up to find Jesus and the Twelve Disciples had engulfed me during the night. In my teenage bedroom it was these guys from M*A*S*H who stared down, and occasionally fell on me.  How I used to love that programme, the BBC2 version without the canned laughter of course.   If I found this poster again I could find a place for it in my home now.  Tarted up behind glass and hung properly this time.



2 comments:

  1. We sometimes come across Mash on one of my partner's many TV channels. We still enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Must introduce Louis to it. It'll be on one of our channels somewhere. xx

      Delete