Tuesday, 25 October 2016

Trendy Men

Why do magazines and newspapers bother doing fashion features for men?  I've never known any bloke who is vaguely influenced by anything in vogue at all.  I'm somewhat skeptical that the guys that I know would wear the last coat in this Guardian article for instance. Even the gay ones.

If you need a laugh today I'd urge you to follow this link  to a very funny Bored Panda post which showcases men's clothing of the seventies.  I giggled my little socks off when I saw number 5, a man in crocheted pants who seems to have Calvary shaved into his chest hair. For decency's sake I thought I'd share the picture of this chap who's wearing a bit more clothing.  Now I really don't remember my dad wearing anything similar to this when I was growing up!

11 comments:

  1. I remember my Dad wearing some wicked purple flares, purple jumper and purple shirt with the huge collar. I loved the flamboyance of it all but I am grateful that he did not wear the red satin trousers.
    Arilx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ye gods! My dad never dressed like that. He's been a 'slacks' man for all the time I've known him! xx

      Delete
  2. I don't think I was ever influenced by anything in Vogue either! I once made my husband some trousers in very shiny fabric….must have been in the 70s. I wonder where they are now! I was quite nifty with the sewing machine in those days…..I only do curtains now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My sewing machine is a bit underused too these days. I've only used it for alterations recently. I do have a project planned though when I get one of those rare moments! xx

      Delete
  3. DH would wear t-shirt, sweatshitrt, and jeans daily and I grew up daughter of a jeans and flannel shirt cowboy so no to men's vogue in my life. Funny link.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not sure I ever remember my dad in jeans! xx

      Delete
  4. I have a belt that is exactly the same! I kid you not! My dad wore alot of grey and brown from photographs. I dont remember it as I was a baby at the very end of the 70's

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is rather a nice belt although a bit unconventional on a bloke! xx

      Delete
  5. Could be worse...like all the check trousers they wore. No bloke looked out of place cos they all had them. Influenced by the golfers I think.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Now golfing clothes are the pits. Even the rather gorgeous Tiger looks naff in them. xx

      Delete
  6. Ye gods! Some of the posing pouches made me feel rather sick!

    ReplyDelete