Monday, 10 October 2016

Wee Pin People

Even though I'm not much of a brooch wearer I couldn't resist these little darlings that I found in the pannier market in Brixham on Saturday. They're attached to one of those teeny golden safety pins and are barely an inch high.  But the care and attention that has gone into making them is incredible.   Look at the wee lady's knitted skirt, the blokes knotted scarf and their dear little faces .   Hours and hours of work has gone into making them and yet they were sold for such a knockdown price!

Such thoughtfully crafted little people definitely need loving and cherishing.  I'm going to find somewhere to display them that befits their folksy craftmanship.








PS:  After first publishing this post I had a little brainwave.  My little peeps look great on what Mr Metrosexual call my Dick Emery hat!

11 comments:

  1. They are very cute. I believe that knitting can be done with cocktail sticks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Except by me. I don't knit with anything! xx

      Delete
  2. So cute. You look positively glowing. If this is what running does,I need to figure out how, despite my knee, to get more exercise in.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My pores open up for a short time after a run. Maybe it is good for the skin. xx

      Delete
  3. love them. Jaunty on your hat

    ReplyDelete
  4. They are really lovely and look great on your hat :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aren't they Peruvian or some such? I agree that they are pretty.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I reckon that they could be Latin America. They have that feel about them. xx

      Delete