Wednesday, 23 November 2016

Introducing The Oldies

With the intensity of the wanderlust that courses through my veins, it's terribly rare for me to have a week off work and holiday at home but I'm doing that this week.    And why ever should I not spend time enjoying the place that I live which is  after all, one of the most wonderful tourist destinations in the country? I will not make any excuses for my bias!  It's over a year since I moved to Brixham . Yet I still can't suppress smiles when I walk just a teeny distance and look out across the ever changing sea, dark and moody on Monday, flat calm and silvery yesterday for instance.  Maybe the wonderment will never go.

Mainly,  I've taken leave to spend a bit of time with Mama and Papa Lovelygrey,  my mum and dad who're visiting me for the first time in my new-ish home.   It's been the toughest of years for them and I wanted to give them a break.   We're not going far. Pottering around town with occasional breaks for coffee and cake feature heavily in the itinerary.    Yesterday we ended up at the lighthouse at the end of the Breakwater and took this photo to mark the event.  It captures special times. I think  it turned out rather well!

13 comments:

  1. Hello Mama and Papa Lovelygrey, I hope that you have a good time and a nice rest with your Lovelygrey daughter.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice to meet your parents! It sounds like you have the most excellent of staycation locales so why not. Day trips often fill the wanderlust and with schedules and budgets are a necessity. Still, making the most of the time off matters.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad I don't have to take leave for things like waiting in to have meters read. I know some people do. xx

      Delete
  3. Brixham at this time of year is lovely. I caught sight of a Dartington hall in the background of a programme and had a very sad reminiscing moment of all my happy years there :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dartington is gorgeous. I was there for a work event recently. xx

      Delete
  4. How lovely and what fun for your mum and dad to visit you in Brixham and as I've said before you are truely blessed to live there. I'm having secret hankerings to move. My closest friend lives in Devon and I really want to live by the sea so maybe one day. I love the pic of your mum and dad it made me sad a little. I miss my dad.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm trying to value them whilst they're still on earth with me. xx

      Delete
  5. They look like fun people, enjoy your time with them. xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello LG's Mummy and Daddy!
    Arilx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Coastal locations outside of peak season are the best! Hope you all enjoy the chance to rest and recharge

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There is a different feel here out of season but I like both. xx

      Delete