Saturday, 12 November 2016

Lovely Here

There are many places on earth that are good for the soul.  I am lucky enough to live in one.  As I step from my door, within a minute can be staring at the ever changing sea, always restorative even on the days when the water is dark and brooding.  Even though Lou is perfectly capable of getting to the bus stop himself in the morning  I haven't stopped wandering over with him so I get an early glimpse of the view of Brixham harbour and beyondI still can't quite believe my good fortune but perhaps I shouldn't be pinching myself so hard.  For maybe luck is something that you have rather a big hand in making for yourself.

I've sneaked away from Devon this weekend to Lovelybloke's house.  Here's the frosty view from his window that I captured yesterday. He lives in a cracking place too. Apparently  the  fields are full of daffodils in the spring which are replaced by a wildflower meadow in the summer. Deer wander around right here in front of his cottage but they haven't shown themselves to me yet.  Maybe they're in hiding.   I have seen a very happy squirrel though who bounced across the grass.  And why wouldn't he be perky?  It's really rather special here for humans and the wildlife.  I could gaze out of thewindows for hours.

10 comments:

  1. Is there a possibility of those 'gazing out of the windows for hours', turn into years by any chance ?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Brixham and I'd love to live by the sea however I too live in a fab place at the mo with lots of woodland over the road etc. That view from lovelyblokes house looks fab too but I think when we're happy and contented with who we are and who we're with the view is always good lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe that's the case but a great location is always a bit of a bonus. xx

      Delete
  3. Perfect. Enjoy, enjoy, enjoy.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful view. looks like well kept grass, not like my lawn! ha ha Enjoy, you deserve it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm told it changes over the year from neatly cropped to meadowland. xx

      Delete
  5. Fallen on your feet this time then, good for you! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hasten to add that he's not the Lord of the Manor but lives in teh Gardener's Cottage! xx

      Delete