Thursday, 24 November 2016

Posh Mad Wrist

At the end of summer, with the fake tattoo  from WaterAid long gone, I reluctantly gave up the wacky wrist adornments collected over a season of festivals and trips away in my hippy-ish van.   My lower left arm lost its bohemian air and became minimalist and  grown up again. Boring!

So I dug around in the drawer that contains my jewels and was reunited with a whole host of pretty bracelets that had rarely been worn singularly as they didn't make enough of a statement in their own right.  And anyone who knows me will probably agree I'm not a fade into the background type of person.  I started to play and came up with 'Mad Wrist 2' - posh style.  After all there's sterling silver  and lovely bits of Venetian glass in this version.

As with the fistful of rings on my right hand, I wonder if the extra weight on my wrist  has improved proprioception by giving me a better idea of where my hand is.  Okay there has been one glass of split wine recently but this is nothing when compared to the usual litany of accidents caused by clumsiness.  So much prettier than weighted wristbands that are supposed to have the same effect!


6 comments:

  1. I permanently have around 3/5 silver bracelets on my wrist, but I am 2 short at the moment as they need mending. It seems to cost such a lot to have a tiny ring soldered back on that I haven't bothered so far.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Eek the one with the big flowers lost a jump ring yesterday. Luckily I can make one and am handy with soldering. xx

      Delete
  2. Love the look but I am bothered by even a watch so wrists are almost always bare.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A nice example of how we all have different tolerance to sensory input. My favourite topic of exploration at the moment. xx

      Delete
  3. You have very pretty jewels m'dear! xx

    ReplyDelete