Saturday, 19 November 2016

Q&A: Me


The Guardian has a column where a 'famous' person is asked a set of questions.   How come I've never heard of so many people? I must have my head buried somewhere.  Anyway I thought that I'd have a go at answering the latest set myself

What is your greatest fear?  I try not to have one.    Fear is so debilitating.  There's often a flutter of anxiety but I'm at a stage where I  step out  where I have to go and cope with what life throws at me.
Which living person do you most admire?   I can't name a specific person but it has to be some of the carers I've encountered who've looked after their distressed loved ones with dementia with so much compassion, patience and selflessness.  They are truly astonishing and I honour them.
Which is the trait most deplorable in yourself?   Struggling to finish what I've started.
What was your most embarrassing moment?  Slapping my new boss's arse with a rolled up tax return whilst yelling 'Stop reading the paper cheeky!!'  I'd mistaken his posterior for that of a much better acquainted friend who'd have found it funny.  I went mute at work for days with shame and my new colleague didn't travel in the lift with me for the first six months. We became friends though once he worked out that I wasn't a sex pest.
Aside from a property, what's the most expensive thing you've bought?  Klaus the Knaus, my lovely motorhome.
Your most treasured possession:   Klaus, of course.  Money well spent!
What is your screensaver:  Two people scaling a massive rock face.
Who would play you in a film of your life?  Ruby Wax
What's your favourite smell?  Coco Noir by Chanel.  It's such a shame that I gave up buying it for ethical reasons.  I still haven't found a cruelty free perfume that I love as much.
What's your favourite word?  Lovely
Which book changed your life?  'Overcoming low self-esteem' by Melanie Fennell.  An advert for cognitive behavioural therapy if ever there was one.
What or who is the greatest love of your life? My son who taught me that motherhood can bring such immense joy.
What does love feel like?    Ah let's quote Mumford & Sons.  Love will not betray you, dismay or enslave you, it will set you free.  I think that sums it up.
What do you owe your parents? Time: They might be getting this back now that they're older and I'm less selfish.
What did you want to be when you grew up?  I didn't know.  That was the problem. It made for very unfocused years in my teens and twenties.
To whom would you most like to say sorry and why?  Not sure.  I try to say sorry as I'm going along.
Who would you invite to your dream dinner party?  Those I love from all around the world. And the spirit of Leonard Cohen.  You're allowed a dead person aren't you?
Which word or phrase do you most overuse?  Mate, oh and f*k.  I probably swear a bit too much for some people's liking.
What's the worst job you've ever done?   Production line at the Matchbox toy factory.  I printed the design on the side of about quarter of a million little toffee vans.
If you could go back in time, where would you go?  The Appalachian Trail 1997.  I made the choice to stop but I would continue the journey.  That's ignoring the effect on the space-time continuum of doing this of course.
How often do you have sex?  A lady doesn't tell!
What single thing would improve the quality of your life?  Giving up a 9-5 job.  It's just that a need for that money stuff gets in the way.
What do you consider your greatest achievement? The person that I've come to be and who is still evolving.

6 comments:

  1. I don't know most celebraties either, but did enjoy reading your answers. Your answer to the question on parents struck a chord. I need to remember that when DH sometimes puts his mom first.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad that I've given you something to think about. xx

      Delete
  2. You are a very well balanced person I think. Good for you. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I might have a go at this, will put it in my file. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad to provide a bit of inspiration. xx

      Delete