Wednesday, 30 November 2016

Remember Not To Forget



Shameless plagiarism is going on here.  For I'm sharing a video posted the other day by my friend Aril at Gnat Bottomed Towers.   We'll be meeting up soon on one of our regular London trips.  I'm looking forward to that.

As mamy of you are aware, people with dementia make up the majority of those that I work with in my role as an occupational therapist in an older adult mental health team.  It is a privilege and indeed, it feels as if I have found one of my niches in life by being alongside them at various stages of their journey .  I am always learning, often very moved by their experiences and stories.

Here Alzheimer's Research UK are asking for money.   But making a financial donation is not the only way you can help.  You can also do your bit for finding ways to beat dementia, of which Alzheimer's disease is just one type,  by signing up to become involved in research  through Join Dementia Research.  Anyone over 18 can sign up  even if they  are not affected because they have a diagnosis or are a carer themselves.  Go on. You'll make my day if you do!

8 comments:

  1. We do a lot of work at school around Dementia Friends. My ma in laws twin sister is in the grip of Alzheimer's and I plan to make some twiddlemuffs for the home she is in, in the new year. X I will now go click your link x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Excellent. I'm really pleased when I hear that kids are getting on board with learning about dementia. It fosters inclusiveness. xx

      Delete
  2. My son showed it to me first so I pinched the idea from him!
    Arilx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm a Dementia Friend and try always to wear my badge so that I can help anyone who seems to need it. Catriona

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Brilliant - we need so many more people like you. xx

      Delete
  4. I will look into doing something, I shall scour the websites.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow! As I said. You've made my day. Part of the aim of why I write is to inspire other people to action....even if it's just one or two. xx

      Delete