Thursday, 3 November 2016

Tea For The Aliens

I've made my sense of awe and wonder about space quite clear in the past. Maybe it's because its incredible vastness makes my own complexity as a teeny tiny inhabitant of the cosmos seem even more utterly miraculous?   So it was with great excitement that I read an article in The Independent which reports that unusual messages emanating from a tiny fraction of the  stars in the sky are probably the work of extra-terrestials trying to get in touch with us.  Yay!

So this begs the question.  What are they trying to say?   I'd like to think that aeons of evolution means that malice had been bred out of them.  How would they have survived if they were fighty?  What they may be asking is for someone to put the kettle ready for their visit.  For they've heard that a cuppa from Planet Earth is a truly fine thing!

4 comments:

  1. So long as they get their cuppa in UK they will be OK !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Goes without saying. If it were another country they'd be sorely disappointed - unless they landed in the garden of an expat made a point of shipping in Yorkshire tea. xx

      Delete
  2. I'm a Doctor Who living space geek that likes to think there's whole world's out there. I'd join them for that tea.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If they land in my little courtyard I'll invite you. xx

      Delete