Saturday, 26 November 2016

Two Monkeys

Every so often random bags of, what normally turn out to be shite, wend their way from my former marital home.  It happens when Louis' dad clears out the nipper's room and there's stuff that my son can't bear to throw away.  Invariably it  ends up at muggin's house until I have a sneaky declutter.  I think Lou' s only noticed once or twice.  Then again it could be that he's storing up all my misdemeanors reading to sock it to me as to why I am a REALLY BAD parent.

This time the hoard yielded treasure in the form of dear little primates from the past.  Here's the sock monkey that I made Lou years ago.  He features in my third ever tentative blog post.




And though not made with my own fair hands this guy may be the holder of an even more precious memory. Did Louis reward me with his first smile for his difficult Caesarian birth and the hourly milky snacks around the clock for the first few months after he emerged into the world?  Did he heck!  This is  who was the recipient of my son's first ever cheesy grin!

4 comments:

  1. " Sockie" looks very cuddleable. ( is that a word?) Did Louis call him that?
    When I read the title I thought you meant you and the sock monkey, and was wondering what naughty monkyish things you had been getting up to !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Perhaps the title should have been three monkeys then! xx

      Delete
  2. ps just realised that I wasn't " following" you. I know that bloggers put great store on their number of followers, so have rectified that. I always read you every day, as you probably know! Have a nice weekend.
    We are off to a Craft Fair today at Childwickbury near here, where Stanley Kubrick used to live. His wife, Christiane still lives on the estate and is usually there with her paintings. Tomorrow it is the big lights switch on in the town ( Harpenden) complete with farmers' market, choirs singing , procession, etc etc. We have all new lights this year so looking forward to seeing what they look like when lit up !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the follow. Lots of people disappeared from my list when Blogger messed about at the beginning of the year. I had 129 people then. Your day sounds like it is going to be wonderful. Have a great time xx

      Delete