Wednesday, 9 November 2016

Woke Early


A little piece of you
The little peace in me
 Will die (This is not a miracle) 
For this is not America

Insomnia took hold as a consequence of the US election. So I thought I'd blog about something light and frou-frou.  You know me, I'm usually perky.   We'd spent the evening with the Second Martha Stewart  and her husband at a wonderful French restaurant in Exmouth, sharing  hopes that an intelligent woman would be in the White House of their homeland today.  It seems that this is not to be.

My sister was so fearful of what was happening in the world.  She fretted much.  At the hospice, we'd joked darkly that at least by dying she wouldn't see Trump as US President.  I didn't think that this could possibly come true.  For American friends are among my nearest and dearest, compassionate people who have integrity and a sense of justice.   They are better than that.

I believe that I've woken to a worse world and have wept tears.  Maybe now us little peeps have to work harder to shine our light in the darkness.  So be extra kind.  Look out for each other and our precious earth.   Make good memories, create loveliness and laughter.    Speak out and take action when you hear and see things that you don't like.   For we have to keep the faith that through our little actions that love and peace will eventually prevail.

10 comments:

  1. I am shaking in fear this morning and physically ill.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The only people, except for my daughter, to whom I am related by blood live in America and are truly devastated this morning. Trying to focus on something positive today so am going to go and do some crafting. :-((( Catriona

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My own distraction was music - 'The Innocence Mission' - reminds me of all the good that comes out of America. xx

      Delete
  3. Well let's hope there are enough sensible republicans around him to stand in his way when he wants to do something stupid. He is just one man he can do very little on his own. You are right in what you say re being kind to each other, making good memories and speaking out if we confront anything we think is wrong x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The sensible Republican influence is what I'm hoping for too. xx

      Delete