Thursday, 1 December 2016

House Yoda

I'll eat my words.  Nom, nom!  The 'bag of shite'  that Louis got me to bring back from his dad's home the other day contained some rather good stuff.  Not only am I reunited with a couple of cuddly monkeys I also dug out Yoda. Every home, and indeed motorhome, needs one.  The cute little felt one that I put in Louis' Christmas stocking last year now hangs from its rear view mirror.  This one, comes to life when you've got your act together and bought enough batteries.  He also becomes quite animated if you wave a special light sabre at him. 

In mint condition this is probably a collector's item but our Yoda not going to be hidden away.  He's been given pride of place in the living room. At Louis' insistence, a very plasticky  R2D2 has joined him. After all, it doesn't pay to get too stuffy with home decor does it? Minimalism isn't cosy.

So now I have a visual reminder to tend to my inner Jedi!
This little guy is a teacher who is full of wisdom.  “Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering.” is  one of my favourite quotes from Yoda as is his response to Luke Skywalker.  'I can't believe it'.  said Luke. in 'The Empire Strikes Back'.  'That is why you fail' replied Yoda.   Wise words little Jedi master.  We'll do well to heed them.


8 comments:

  1. I'm pleased I'm not the only one to have toys as ornaments. I have a little wooden farm complete with family, bought for my visiting grandchildren. I love it and it's on permanent display in the guest bedroom. Grandchildren have outgrown it now and think granny has lost her marbles and like to rearrange the family just to see if I notice. Yoda is super cute. May the force be with you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The farm sounds lovely. And may the force be with you too! xx

      Delete
  2. I bought my daughter a Yoda nut cracker in Christmas clearance last year. He is one of her few Christmas decorations she put out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it when you find things that have been put away. Like treasure

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is! Absolutely. And finding things that are lost is the same. xx

      Delete
  4. My other half calls me Yoda - I think it's the ears... :-(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When Louis was born the cartilege in his ears hadn't fully developed and they were floppy. He looked like Yoda. A very junior doctor said that they might have to operate but a more senior one told me that they'd fill out. I thought that he was perfect anyway. xx

      Delete