Saturday, 31 December 2016

One I Made Earlier: Dishy

Thanks so much to all who left kind comments yesterday. You have affirmed that telling the story of my sister's life was the right thing to do.

Today I bring you another thing that I found on the wall in my brother's home.  I made this!  It dates from the time that I was an occupational therapy student.  Do you know I wonder if I might have entered the profession just on the basis that I got access to an arts and crafts room and a pottery studio while I was studying!

This is one of a series of four dishes that I made which are based on maps. Only two survive.  One is on one of my mad walls.  It is a representation of  part of the ordnance survey map that depicts  Exeter.  This one puzzles me.  I can't remember where it's supposed to be.  It may be Dartmoor.  If anyone recognise the topography please enlighten me.  Bear in mind that it might be upside down!

10 comments:

  1. I think your brother was your biggest fan! So cool. My daughter got a pottery bowl made by one of her besties as a white elephant gift, and she absolutely loved the piece and creative genius behind it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. No - That place holds no significance for me. xx

      Delete
  3. I tried to comment yesterday but could not (I'm sure due to my ineptitude). Your words were lovely and glad you shared; you painted such a picture of your sister. What a dynamic woman she was!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad my words spoke to you. xx

      Delete
  4. Happy New Year to you and Louis (and Lovelybloke). Keep on blogging....I enjoy reading you. XX

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your kind wishes. It is always lovely to hear from you. xx

      Delete
  5. Haven't the faintest idea as to where it could be - looks like a white ink blob to me!!
    A Very Happy New Year to you and your.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No it's definitely a place! Have a good 2017 Mum xx

      Delete