Friday, 9 December 2016

Poorly Car, Poorly Me

Wednesday evening did not pan out as planned. A pub supper in Plymouth with Salty Dog was on the cards.  But Leif, my little green Skoda, developed a fault on the way that caused him to stop dead suddenly in rush hour traffic.   Scary stuff!  Consequently we were rear ended by a big black van.  I put the queasiness that I felt afterwards down to shock but suddenly came over very poorly indeed.    Nursing a sick kid earlier in the week  had taken its toll and I'd caught his tummy bug. Salty Dog and our other friend Spiky Kate came up trumps and fussed over me like a couple of mother hens. Bless!

Yesterday I crawled back to my own bed from where I had to make lots of car related phone calls before I could sleep my little socks off. Some of that metta meditation, where I foster loving kindness is now  needed.  For it'll remind me to be gentle with myself and take it easy on the rest of the world too.  For peace and joy are way better things to spread than angst.

7 comments:

  1. Oh no! Sorry to read this, I hope you're better very soon. And Leif, of course. How scary for you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. All better now and Leif is in for repair and then diagnostics. xx

      Delete
  2. Poor you. Hope things improve today! Very upsetting to have your precious car damaged. I " injured" mine this week while trying to get into a very small space at an angle next to a concrete pillar. Scratched the front side bumper. I was probably only about 1 mm too close ! Really peeved me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So sorry. It's a pain isn't it. On the plus side with mine a pre-existing bumper scratch will be eliminated. xx

      Delete
  3. I am so sorry this happened and wish you well recovery. Scary indeed. Glad your lovely friends were there to support you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They were ave and couldn't do enough. Proper little Florence Nightingales although really a physiotherapist and an ex occupational therapist. xx

      Delete
  4. What rotten luck! So sorry to be so late but I have been away without internet for the last ten days. I hope you are now feeling better, what lovely friends you have.

    ReplyDelete