Wednesday, 21 December 2016

The Easiest Cake Nigella Knows

Mum has coeliac disease which is not some faddy food preference but potentially a life threatening condition  Before she was diagnosed she was in a bit of a state.  Happily she's now the picture of health.  In one of my early blog posts I gave some ideas for  gluten free Christmas fayre.  Nigella's Clementine Cake is another recipe that fits the bill.  Mum was very excited when I told her that I was making one for Christmas.

The plain appearance of the finished cake belies its deliciousness. It's packed full of flavour, predominantly from clementines which are boiled the night before for a couple of hours. Who needs posh scented candles when you're doing this job.  The whole house smelt wonderful.

As the glorious Nigella says, this cake really is the easiest going.  Just shove all the ingredients in the food processor and blitz.  Lining the cake tin is the hardest part!

7 comments:

  1. I've made this cake a couple of times, it really is yummy! And you're right, the house smells wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad to get a 'tried and tested' stamp of approval. Thanks Sooze! xx

      Delete
  2. My friend who came on Saturday is a registered coeliac. With a bit of digging I managed to work out suitable nibbles which were also veggie. Things are a little easier food availability wise but still tricky and expensive! I'm really glad I made the effort though. I shall pass your recipe onto her. Arilx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is also in the green and black's cookbook but with a bar of their Maya gold chocolate grated on top whilst it's still warm! The east cake I ever made x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yum - that sounds the 'biz. Thanks for that xx

      Delete
  4. I have never made this cake but I did eat some of one in a café a few years back and yes, it was delicious.

    ReplyDelete