Sunday, 1 January 2017

Pallaver II

Happy 2017 everyone! May this be a year filled with blessings for us all. I am in Fowey with Salty Dog for my first ever Cornish New Year celebration, an eagerly anticipated trip that we planned back in the autumn.  It was a lovely one.  Thanks especially to the kind  folk in Gallants Sailing Club who made us so welcome.  Oh and the very cool German blokes who decided that Fowey was lacking an official firework display and so provided their own on the quayside.


What with the car crash and other stuff going on in the background it's been a bit of a week.  Things did not go entirely to plan yesterday either.   There is a story of mixed messages and dippyness.  When loading our luggage I thought Salty Dog said that she was putting my bag and my coat in her car rather than mine . A bit odd I thought but hey I'm easygoing.    We'd planned a Cornish coast path walk but instead ended up driving back to Plymouth to retrieve it!




6 comments:

  1. So did they get left like that on the pavement? And if so, how lucky to go back and find they were still there! Glad you enjoyed your NYE in Fowey.....lovely place.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep. Lucky they weren't stolen. Hope in humanity bolstered big time xx

      Delete
  2. All out in the wash though. HNY. Enjoy Kernow.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad you rang in the New Year with a great friend and great time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a lovely end to a rocky year. xx

      Delete