Sunday, 5 February 2017

America




'Let us be lovers, we'll marry our fortunes together.  I've got some real estate here in my bag.  So we bought a pack of cigarettes and Mrs Wagner's pies.'

So lovely even though there's nicotine involved!  Words about sharing when there's just a little to go around.   Here, in a zone where I'll pretend that  no greedy bastard US president exists to spoil that notion,  I bring you a gentle song from old favourites whose voices have changed with age.  It speaks of journeying through the beautiful land over the pond which still remains close to my heart for some of the dearest of friends live there. 

3 comments:

  1. How good to hear them together again. They have been favourites of mine almost since they began. Thank you for posting it. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So glad you like it. Pretty isn't it? xx

      Delete