Friday, 24 February 2017

My Favourite Charity Shop.......

...is this one!  It's in the little town of Modbury, that I've already identified as the plastic bag free capital of the world.  So why is this one Top of the Pops you may ask?  Well, for a start, the stuff in there is top notch. It's in a very affluent area of the country where seemingly posh ladies get bored with their wardrobes quite quickly.  So it's brimming with quality clothes and also bric-a-brac that is lovingly displayed.  The interior is gorgeous. The other thing is that the staff are so cheery and lovely. It's as if they're having a party in there!

I stopped yesterday afternoon between visits to patients. Because of the vagaries of our appointment booking system it meant the people I saw lived miles apart.  Consequently there'd been no time for a lunch break and a breather was well earned. Here's what I spotted.   It's a two layer dress with chiffon over a stretchy base layer that bears a label stating it was made in Italy. Sorry I can't do it more justice.  I was on my own last night and this was my best selfie effort.   I'm very pleased with my purchase but wasn't sure when I tried it on. Still those ladies in the shop seemed the type who'd give me an honest opinion.   I stepped out of the changing room for some advice.

'Ooh' said one.  ' The colour is lovely on you.'   I decided to come right out and voice what was bothering me.   'But doesn't it make me look a bit...errr.... titty?' I asked.  For I am blessed up top, of the torso that is.  Sometimes what's in that noggin of mine is sadly lacking,  My new confidante pooh-poohed my concerns.  'No,' she said. 'If I had what you've got, I'd be buying it. 'And' she added not too enigmatically, 'You'll do alright in that!' 

20 comments:

  1. She's right, it suits you perfectly!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks great,the colour is good on you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes - don't have much emerald green but seems to suit when I do. xx

      Delete
  3. Great dress! Have you got an upcoming occasion to wear it? Let's hope that you " do alright in it"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe I don't need to 'Do
      alright in it'. There! I can be enigmatic too. xx

      Delete
  4. Fab colour on you....and me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You might be a 'winter' as well then. xx

      Delete
  5. The colour is gorgeous on you. Be sure to let us know if you do alright in it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The colour really suits you and as for the boobage? If you've got it, flaunt it! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did last night - with the addition of a little black camisole for a bit of decency! xx

      Delete
  7. The colour suits you perfectly and the style suits your figure, so worry not, m'dear!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks - I've found that showing a bit of flesh, isn't decolletage the right word, is a good thing when you're a bit titty. Somehow covering them up to neck level makes them look even more enormous. xx

      Delete
  8. Looks fab. I remember you talking about being "titty" in the pub in London...you made me laugh then. Go for it! I hope to hear you're enjoying wearing it next month over a small sweet sherry!!
    Arilx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I might wear it next week when we meet. You can take a proper picture then! xx

      Delete
  9. I am also well endowed up top and agree wearing high necked tops can just make one seem even bigger busted!

    Anyway, this is lovely, and it really suits you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for kind words - and I've just had a conversation with a similarly blessed friend who agreed that lacy bras can look rather alarming too Stick to good old plain black and white. xx

      Delete
  10. What a pretty dress. It definitely suits you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much. I love pretty! xx

      Delete