Sunday, 12 February 2017

Worry Peeps

During a recent visit to the supermarket Mama Lovelygrey went to spend a penny.  Maybe an explanation is required for my non British readers.  This is a euphemism that means going to the toilet/WC/restroom.  It's a long time since one pence would literally buy you anything in a shop or indeed, let you have a wee in a public loo at one of the London Railway stations.  That was about 20p when I last looked  at Liverpool Street.  Being a bit of a tight wad I crossed my legs all the way to Southend Victoria.

Where was I?   Do I have the propensity to go off on a tangent or what!  Ah, yes.  Mama Lovelygrey left her handbag in the toilet and when she returned it wasn't there.  She went to see the customer services folk but no-one had handed it in either.  Some people have a very skewed sense of entitlement.  All her bank cards had to be replaced and she lost about a tenner.  But what really upset her was that the disappearance of a couple of little gifts that had been from me and Lou.

At my brother's wedding, three days after my sister's death, we gave her a little bead and wire angel that we'd bought from a stall at Chagstock a week earlier.   Then at Christmas, we thought some little worry people  would be a good idea for she frets greatly.  The idea is that you pop  them under your pillow and they'll carry away your fears overnight.    I hope the person who took them needs them more than my mum and maybe they do. For I believe that wrongdoing is the product of a troubled soul. They need to know that karma might bite them in the bum though.    As I promised  Mum that we'd source replacements we headed to Totnes yesterday where you can buy all things hippy.   We were in a rush so didn't find an angel.  Perhaps I'll have to make a special new one instead. After all there's lots of jewellery supplies at home.  I'm sure I could rustle up something celestial.

The worry people were still in Oxfam.  They're reduced by 70% so hurry on down if you think you need some.  I bought two lots.  These  guys will be winging their way to Mum soon. The other bagful has already gone to a good home where a bit of protection against anxiety may be needed.  Do your job well litle peeps for it's a worthy vocation that you have in this strife ridden world.

6 comments:

  1. That really is disheartening. The lost ID is worrisome.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it's sorted. The bank have issued new cards and cancelled the others. xx

      Delete
  2. Why not buy your Mum a Brixham angel ? I have some lovely earrings and a keyring that I bought from the stall on the harbour. Not dear but its the thought , isn't it ?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Now that's an idea. But I don't think the stall is there at the moment and I wondered if a home made angel might have special powers! xx

      Delete
  3. I am so sorry that your Mum had her bag stolen; I sometimes despair at the action of wrong-doers. Sending hugs. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's the second story this week of someone taking stuff that isn't theirs from someone in my life. I can't share the other one though. I am beyond shocked by the behaviour of people who were not brought up to be respectful. xx

      Delete