Monday, 6 March 2017

A Surprise For Mama Lovelygrey (If She Keeps Away From This Blog Post!)



It's normally Papa Lovelygrey that checks my blog out first at my childhood home so he needs to tell Mama Lovelygrey not to look today.  For I want to give her a surprise. Remember when her handbag was stolen she lost the little wire angel that Louis and I had bought her?  Well it was tipping down yesterday afternoon.  So I thought that I'd stay snuggled up inside  and do a  bit of crafting.  It's about time I extended my creative endeavours beyond writing and  that slowly progressing linocut. I  dug out my pliers and  jewellery making supplies and made Mum a new angel to carry around. Here's the result made from brass and silver  with semi precious beads.  The wings are a bit wonky as  the wire was in danger of being overworked and snapping.  Isn't it usual to describe something less than perfect as having rustic charm these days?

The angel is only part of the present that I have for Mum.  Louis and I visited Cockington Court last Sunday. We had a wonderful time wandering in the grounds and shared a rather marvellous cream tea.  We especially enjoyed looking in all the craft shops.  Seeing other people's work is always inspirational. Louis bought a little glass octopus.  It's rare that I'm tempted to spend much outside charity shops and food stores these days but I couldn't resist this.

It came from a little workshop called Driftmoods where the owner,  a lovely guy,  recycles old roofing tiles.  This slate tealight holds a glass frame which contains a real angel feather. Honest!  They're made so that people can light a candle for a departed loved one. I thought that it would be a beautiful way for Mum to remember my sister so that's gone in the gift box too.







And here it is, complete with worry people to replace those that also were nicked.  I'll be taking it to Mum when I visit her during the Easter break.  I hope she'll like it.

8 comments:

  1. Beautiful gifts, I'm sure your Mum will love them. The angel is lovely, you are talented.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a heartfelt gesture.
    Arilx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think she will be delighted !

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous! Lovely gifts which she will surely love. What a kind and thoughtful daughter you are.

    ReplyDelete
  5. what a lovely gift, your angel is cute.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You should get your wire cutters out more often! So pretty, and very special.

    ReplyDelete
  7. She will love those special gifts! Bet she tears up!
    JanF

    ReplyDelete
  8. You'll have her in tears within a few minutes. It's a lovely gesture, bless you. xx

    ReplyDelete