Wednesday, 15 March 2017

Complete and Utter Hippy




Work is busy and my home life is filled with conundrums to solve....I need  music in my life for its therapeutic qualities.   'Play something gentle.'  I request of Lou as we're travelling to catch the school bus.   He often puts on The Innocence Mission.

I'm going back thirty years to sixth form and university days when I revisit the music of Jon and Vangelis.   A boyfriend from those times was scathing.  It's so freakin' hippy and he was a fan of obscure indie artists who were heavy on angst.   But the love and peace vibes are restorative and soothing.  This video must be a clip from 'Top of the Pops' as evidenced by all that hand waving.

Jon Anderson, the singer, has a belief system that Wikipedia describes as syncretic, a blending of different faith traditions.  I like that word.  It seems to fit the bill for me too.

No comments:

Post a Comment