Tuesday, 7 March 2017

Love Me and Mend



I included a link to this Mumford and Son song before but I think it deserves a post of its very own. For this, the title track from their first album,  has become one of my favourite songs.  The lyrics, that lean heavily on Shakespeare's 'Much Ado About Nothing'  are strikingly beautiful and some of the most wisdom laden I've heard anywhere.   So there's no apology for reposting them either. They blow me away every time I play the track. Which is often for I am boosted by their power.

Love that will not betray you, dismay or enslave you,
It will set you free
Be more like the man you were made to be
There is a design,
An alignment to cry,
Of my heart to see,
The beauty of love as it was made to be


It occurred to me the other day that this is not just a blueprint of what we should be seeking.  Rather it a model of how we ourselves should behave in all our relationships.  Not just the romantic ones.

4 comments:

  1. I used to have this album, and loved it, but It has got lost somewhere . Probably in the same place as the pair of specs that disappeared off the table yesterday! It drives me nuts looking for something that should be here and isn't. I expect they will turn up eventually and I will remember that I put them somewhere different!! In the meantime......Grrrrr.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You need Spotify. My music doesn't get lost anymore! xx

      Delete
  2. I wasn't keen on Mumford and Sons until I saw them live, they were brilliant. xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're at the top of my wishlist. xx

      Delete