Thursday, 23 March 2017

New Phone

Aside from the naughty wardrobe updates from the charity shops I don't buy a lot for myself these days. Retail therapy doesn't really cut the mustard.    I pretty much have all that I need.  It's a good place to be,

But yesterday, after dropping my mobile phone and shattering the screen I decided to get a new one rather than opting for a rather expensive repair.  It's probably a purchase that's long overdue.  For yonks now people, especially those who are harder of hearing, have been complaining about the call quality on my existing phone.  I took it to a repair shop and the guy couldn't find a fault.  And let's justify myself further by saying that there was already an existing crack.   I've also been having camera envy for some time.  I ditched a proper SLR years ago and take all my pictures on my phone.   I love the convenience and the portability.  Many of my friends' shots lately have been of much higher quality than my own.

So my special treat to myself is a reconditioned Samsung S6 and saved at least £150 on the price it would have been new.  It has a camera that reviewers rave over.   I purchased it outright and didn't go for an upgrade.  My existing mobile package is just too good a deal so I'll transfer the existing SIM card.  

My new shiny toy is arriving today.  To my surprise I'm really rather excited.  It supports my theory that occasional treats bring far more pleasure than if you're spoiling yourself all the time.   I've bought something else too.  Ms Butterfingers has decided that this time around a super protective case might be a rather good idea!


6 comments:

  1. You have the same as the teenogre. He too has a protective case and insurance....he accidentally knocked his friends phone out of his hand and it cost him over a hundred quid to get it repaired. Insured because he lost his old phone in a puddle up on the hills during a night hike. Enjoy it!
    Arilx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No insurance yet...but may be an option if I start dropping it down the toilet. The S6 isn't waterproof. xx

      Delete
  2. I have that phone too and got a reconditioned one and kept my sim. I really like it, especially as it is turquoise!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Loved the turquoise one but they'd run out and had to settle on the white. Doesn't matter what colour it is really. The gargantuan case covers it up! xx

      Delete
  3. Yup the super protective case is a must for me. I have an 'otter box'. Indestructible!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mine is a Unicorn Beetle Pro. It looks like it was made for roughie, toughie workmen! xx

      Delete