Wednesday, 1 March 2017

Not Swearing

Here's the boy at Cockington Court at the weekend.  He's a sucker for all things cute and furry and this little fellow fitted the bill perfectly.  One week in and all is going swimmingly at the new school.  It's early days but it seems that the decision to move Louis was a good one.

My boy is great as a teenage goes.  The Kevin ripcord hasn't yet been pulled.  He's got a bit sweary of late though.  That's got to stop before he gives one of his grannies a heart attack.

'But you do it too, Mum.' he said when I remonstrated at the weekend.  Yep, I've already 'fessed up here on my blog that I'm a bit of a fishwife at times.  Not every second word mind but the occasional expletive slips out.

And so we have a pact.  If either of us swears then we will give the other person a pound.  Except the first time around it happens and the penalty is £20.  It's done the trick.  Not a *-"*$& or a )"&%!  has passed my lips in front of my son since the deal was done.

Lou has been looking for alternative exclamations to Anglo Saxon profanities for when he needs them.  He found a webpage that details 50 words that sound rude but actually aren't.  I cautioned him against using the word 'bumfiddler'   I nearly crashed the car laughing when he came out with it.   Even though it sounds thoroughly filthy it  merely means someone who is a polluter or spoiler.  

6 comments:

  1. My perfect type of website!
    Arilx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We could try some out on Saturday and see the reactions! xx

      Delete
  2. Having just read that list, I don't actually think many of those are suitable for "grannies " either! Though, speaking as a Grandma myself, the air in the car is often quite " blue" when someone else does something stupid, or when an inanimate object refuses to co-operate !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I've come across some blue air inducing grannies myself.xx

      Delete
  3. My some of those sound saltine than a real honest curse word.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Saltine - what a lovely word in its own right! xx

      Delete