Friday, 31 March 2017

Understatement of The Year

A remark in the latest post by my mate Aril at Gnat Bottomed Towers reminded me that I'd thought about doing a post about Komodo dragons.   The idea came to me after I'd done the Google Doodle quiz which celebrated the 37th anniversary of Komodo National Park.  You can test yourself by following the link.

Frig!  Those creatures are scary.   That place has got to be down the bottom of the list of places in the world that I want to visit.  Lord knows how the person who took this photo got so up close and personal.  Maybe they had a death wish.

I know it's a bit of a spoiler but here's a sample question with its answer.

Q: True or False?  Komodo dragons are gentle and friendly creatures.
A: False:  They have been known to bite people.

Known to bite people!!!!  Given that they eat over half their body weight in one meal (oops another spoiler!) isn't this slightly underplaying their viciousness!

7 comments:

  1. Yes,definitely not a fan, but still equally entitled to their space on this beautiful planet of ours [said though through gritted teeth ;-)]
    Arilx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha - I'm of the same view about wasps as well! xx

      Delete
  2. While I wouldn't want to get that close to them (as I value my limbs..) I would love to see them in the wild! They are such interesting animals.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No just limbs. Body and head as well! xx

      Delete
  3. Saw a documentary where one bit a water buffalo, followed it for 4 days and waited for it to die so it could eat it. I've had nightmares ever since.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep I think that's the documentary that put the fear of God in me as well. xx

      Delete
  4. Nasty creatures, they would terrify me if I ever saw them.

    ReplyDelete