Friday, 28 April 2017

Brock at Bedtime

A dream the other night involved a badger.  It was snuggled up in a bed of leaves peeping out of the entrance of his sett.  Funny because the day before I'd popped into Social Services and they'd been rooting through a book about dream interpretation.  Some of the stuff they'd been reading sounded like it had been made up whilst someone had been guzzling a gin and tonic....or three.

'I bet that book has nothing about badgers.'  I said as I waltzed back in to see my colleagues.   Their office is somewhere that I frequent often as  I often get peckish and they're seldom without chocolate.    I make up the lamest of excuses for visiting.   To my surprise those furry black and white faced critters were featured.  Their nocturnal appearance has something to do with perseverance in the face of hardship.  That figures.     The nest was a good sign.  It means my problems will be solved by determination.  It seems the odds are much better for me than poor Linda who'd dreamed about a rampaging lion!

4 comments:

  1. I often wonder about dream interpretation, you hear the scientific reasoning that it is the brain trying reorganise and relive thoughts and memories, sort of tidy up. Then there are the interpretations, are they wishful thinking or premonitions? I don't dream or may be I don't recall as much, suspect my brain has given up trying to organise the chaos that occurs in there!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm with Jung. I think it's our sub-conscious talking to us. I don't often dream but they're crackers when I can remember them! xx

      Delete
  2. Oh dear. I have a reacurring dream from time to time about a lion. I am always trying to escape it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Now what is that telling you?!! xx

      Delete