Tuesday, 25 April 2017

Petri-fied

Photo:  Ted-Ed
Long gone are the goth inspired days of my late teens and early twenties when I had a wardrobe full of grey and black garb.  I love using colour these days in my house and in what I wear.  It makes for a much cheerier world.

Maybe that's why I was drawn to this work by scientist Tal Danino. You can read about it here on the Ted-Ed Blog.  When he's not doing research  using bacteria to fight cancers he persuades the little critters to go forth, multiply in their petri dishes and make very intriguing art.

6 comments:

  1. All my favourite colours are there.....beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They put me in mind of glass paperweights.
    Arilx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes but in real life petri dishes are thinner, much more delicate. xx

      Delete
  3. Oh I say, those are stunning. All my favourite colours too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, stunning is a good word to use. xx

      Delete