Sunday, 9 April 2017

Ten Minutes In the Big Apple

Photo: David Heald. © Solomon R. Guggenheim Foundation.
If some divine being waves a magic wand and fills the coffers some time before August I'd love to head out to New York for a mini break.  I'd meet up with my lovely friend, the Second Martha Stewart, for a huge injection of artiness. Probably cake would be involved as well.  There's an unusual park, the High Line on an disused elevated freight track that I've been longing  to visit for ages.    And when I saw this picture the wanderlust set in badly.  I'd really like to see this.

It's a temporary installation in a room in the Guggenheim that runs until 2 August, a super peaceful realm that give the idea of infinite space.  I reckon that I  could happily stay in there all day.  Sadly though my visit would be limited.  Only five people can visit at any one time.  To give everyone a turn, timed tickets allowing just ten minutes in the room are necessary.

6 comments:

  1. You don't have to go to New York for a park like that. THere's one in Paris (http://www.coolstuffinparis.com/bat_watching_promenade_plantee.php) We walked part of it in Dec 2015. Although I was a bit of a mardy cow at the time, due to bad back, it was still a lovely walk.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Looks cool. Will have to see whether I can park at an aire in the motorhome near to Paris at sometime and travel in. xx

      Delete
  2. In fact, looking at this page, you and Aril could have a wonderful weekend in Paris visiting odd places! http://www.coolstuffinparis.com/cool_and_weird_stuff.php

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I think we could. Might have to treat her when I've made my fortune from the new business!!! xx

      Delete
  3. I think the cool, calmness would have me fall asleep. Then I'd miss most of my 10 minutes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I'd have to sneak in at night and 'camp' in there! xx

      Delete