Friday, 21 April 2017

Wayne



I'd never heard of  the dearly departed Wayne Dyer until recently but my American readers might be familiar with him.   When I was on leave last week I listened to all six parts of a series of talks that he gave, 'Manifesting Your Destiny and a bonus edition'.  They're on YouTube.  These contain, much food for thought, not  about filling your boots for material gain, but rather about how to reduce inner turmoil. I will be listening to them again because there is too much to take in during one sitting.

The teaching fits nicely alongside that of Eckhart Tolle, another of my online gurus.  This is a little itty-bitty clip from one of the talks.  Again I'm being compelled to observe my inner thoughts.  What I've particularly noticed is a propensity to  make judgements about other people based on the briefest of encounters, like passing them in the street.  It adds to that constant stream of unnecessary inner chit-chat that it would be good to abate.  I'd like to see this habit, that I'm newly aware of, diminish over time now it's been brought to my attention.  I expect something else for me to work on will emerge once this is no longer an issue.

For the last week or so I've been using Wayne Dyer's morning and evening meditations for twenty minutes at the start and end of each day.  Their novelty value has given me the impetus to kickstart  regular formal practice again.   As guided by the audio I recite 'ah' and 'om' sounds.
I've shared what I'm doing with Louis and, not surprisingly, he thinks that it's completely barmy and so it may be.  I'm wondering how it will go down in the motorhome where I can't shut myself away in another room and make weird noises without feeling self-conscious.  We'll have to cross that bridge when we come to it.   Which I think it will.  For I find that I'm left feeling invigorated yet with an incredible sense of peace. I'm sharing them today in the hope that someone else might find them helpful too.

No comments:

Post a Comment