Monday, 3 April 2017

We Won!

These are my boys, Ruff Stu and Mr Metrosexual and my 'Other Boys'.  I'll have to get my thinking caps on and think of their Blogland names. We've all decided that it would be a jolly good idea if we made an effort and  entered the pub quiz at the Queens Arms.  My local, after all, is just a hop, skip and a jump down the hill - oh and a winding stagger back up after a couple of pints of the lovely ale that they're famed for.

Image:  BBC
Even though there was a sports round that leaned heavily towards the beautiful game, our combined knowledge of '70s and '80s pop and obscure general knowledge saw us through.  Mr Metrosexual's impressive ability to recall the intricacies of Eurovision was also handy.  Who the dickens are Scooch?  Our score of 38/54 was good enough to beat off the competition and secure the prize of an extra pint each!




6 comments:

  1. Sadly I know who Scooch are! Well done!
    Arilx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mr Metrosexual's knowledge of Eurovision is amazing. Just shows that he has too much time on his hands! xx

      Delete
  2. I always think I'll do well as a trivia nerd but always end up middle at best. Pub quizzes are still pretty new over here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You need a team with different people having expertise in different areas - like Eurovision!!! xx

      Delete
  3. Well done. It's ages since I've done a pub quiz. They are great fun to do. X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it's the first I've done in a long while. Might not be such a long gap next time. xx

      Delete