Saturday, 1 April 2017

With Love


It's my birthday peeps.  What I hope for this 53th year on this good earth is for things to be a little less eventful than in the last twelve months.  You don't know the half of what has happened as Blogland is a very edited glimpse of real life.  Just take my word for it that I'm overdue some peace and normality.

Louis is off to Portugal today with his dad so he won't be spending the day with me.  We swapped gifts on his own birthday.  I went down the 'want, need, wear, read' route with his presents again and phew! the trainers that I bought him were pronounced awesome.  We parents of teenager can get it so wrong!

Louis loves to gift. It's not just on birthdays and at  Christmas that I'm given little surprises.  I thought I'd share a selection of the things that he's bought for me that make my heart melt every time I look at them.    Let's start with my bedpost heart collection. They're all from him.  That 'Love You To The Moon and Back ' quote makes an appearance again.  That Nutbrown Hare has got a lot to answer for.


Randomness including a birthday dolphin.  All Lou buys and makes.


A pig and a plant in a beautifully made pot from a craft fair.


Stones to put on my chakras to please my inner hippy mummy.


I'd been eyeing up this whale scourer holder in a beautiful kitchen shop in Dartmouth for a long time.  As you do. My boy must have noticed.


And from the same place I got a funky oil/vinegar dispenser.  I'd put in a request for that one but didn't know what design I'd get from a choice of three.


Back to Christmas. Here's a string of embossed ceramic birds that he made with his aunty.  They were too pretty to be saved for the Christmas tree.


A littte  stone turtle from Marrakesh and a slate coaster.  I don't know where he gets the idea that I like a tipple or two.

And this is maybe my favourite birthday present.  Wine related as well!  It was made by a blacksmith at Cockington Court and is a glass holder to stick in the ground.  You can only see the top here. Just the thing for when I'm reading a book in my recliner on my French holidays.  I really am a very lucky mum.

19 comments:

  1. What beautiful presents from an extremely thoughtful young man. I especially like the blue dolphin...is it glass? Looks to be. ( the stone turtle and the birds are lovely too) I have several of those stripy succulent plants around the house, but yours is presented much better than mine. I must try harder!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy birthday! Have a fantastic timexx
    Arilx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy birthday! Have a lovely day xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy birthday. Wow, your Louis has a great eye for unusual and thoughtful presents that he knows will delight you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Birthday, that's a big post, lovely presents.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy birthday!you have trained him well! His gift selections are excellent, enjoy the rest of your day x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Birthday. He has an eye for gifts.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Birthday. Lovely son, lovely mum, lovely gifts.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy Birthday! Louis has a great eye for quirky gifts. x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ps. Happy birthday. I forgot that earlier!! X

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy birthday and I would say your son knows and loves you well.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sending you many happy birthday wishes and a peaceful year to follow. Louis has an eye for a super gift!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Happy Birthday! Hope you are having a lovely day! from Nanny Anny in Canada!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I hope you had a lovely day. You've got a very kind and thoughtful young man there. X

    ReplyDelete
  15. Belated birthday wishes winging their way to you. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. All good wishes to you and your lovely man. xx

      Delete
  16. O, I missed it, so sorry! I do wish you well though and hope that this new year of yours will bring you more happiness than you know what to do with. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah bless. I was very touched by this comment. Thank you. xx

      Delete