Sunday, 14 May 2017

Dancing in Dartmouth


I've woken totally whacked out this morning from dancing my little socks off. Red Mel and I headed over to Dartmouth for the Dart Music Festival and met up with Salty Dog and a whole bunch of friends who'd hired a cottage and were having a house party.   This  amazing event, with over one hundred acts, is funded by donations.  It's become part of my annual calendar.  I'm keen to buy a wristband to contribute but others put what they can into collection buckets.

So for a mere tenner I saw so much.  Acoustic acts, a duo with a take on flamenco, jazz in a pub, a man I was acquainted with from when he performed at Chagstock who plays two guitars at once....The list goes on and on.  And the absolutely unforgettable OMG! It's the Church.  Check them out at their website SexyJesus.com.  You don't see a combo of gospel music and comedy or a man with a crucifix emblazoned on his Y-fronts every day.


To keep our energy up we ate French patisserie and fish and chips and drank hot chocolate and ale. We browsed in clothes shops for we have a wedding to go to.  I have a naughty purchase to 'fess up to in another post.  In between rain showers there was sunshine.  I played with the camera on my phone. My photos of the musical acts are no great shakes but I'm pleased with the pictures that I took in the park.  You'd never guess it was Dartmouth.  It looks absolutely tropical.

12 comments:

  1. sounds like a fab time, I will add that to my go see list !

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great day out ! I love the " plush" looking daisies. They have a specific name but can't think of it at the moment.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lush aren't they. Got up close and personal to take the shot. xx

      Delete
  3. Sounds like a brilliant jolly out - I loved going to Dartmouth when I used to live Slapton - walking around the harbour and dodging the seagulls is a vivid memory for me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Never dodged a seagull in Dartmouth. They're buggers in St Ives and down on our harbour near the seafood shack. xx

      Delete
  4. What no Prosecco?!!......your description of the band sounds amazing!
    Arilx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Prosecco was Friday...and gin. That's a bit why Saturday was a moderate day. xx

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. Yep. It's a favourite event of the year. xx

      Delete
  6. Bellis is the name of your Daisies!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks I like to know the names of plants even though I'm no gardener. xx

      Delete