Saturday, 13 May 2017

Folding




Let's nourish my inner geek today.  This'll do it.   3-D is something I find tricky to conceptualise. I had a squint when I was younger and though it was corrected when I was four an optician told me that my eyes hadn't adjusted properly.   They got quite excited by my oddness when testing me. Even though my left eye has normal vision I rarely use it.  For the most part, it's as if I'm blind in one eye. That means I see the world in 2-D.  My IQ is pretty peachy is some areas but in the visuo-spatial domain I'm near the bottom of the class.

So I'm in awe of Robert Lang, origami artist and physicist.  Don't you just admire people who have more than one talent in what seem to be unrelated fields?   I love the way this man thinks outside the box and has transformed paper designs into engineering solutions.

8 comments:

  1. Double wow! I love all of the makes but most of all I like how he can visualise, draw and explain too. Catriona

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, I'm not sure that I'm so good at that. xx

      Delete
  2. I have the same eye condition. My left eye is so much stronger than my right eye that my brain ignores the right one. So no 3-D. My daughter has the same condtion.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Funny that your daughter has it. I knew it was hereditary but thought that it skipped generations. My Nana had it and so does one of my cousins. Lou's eyes both point in the right direction. xx

      Delete
  3. My right eye has a blood vessel that ends and so it gives me very little sight in that eye. My eye has featured in The Lancet!

    I wish I could fold.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I could if I had a set of instructions in 2-D. Conceptualising 3-D is where I struggle. I'll put it down to the dodgy eye. xx

      Delete