Thursday, 4 May 2017

Opaque Couche

My post's title today is the name of this colour here. I'm expecting you all to flinch with disgust for   apparently it's the ugliest in the world.  It's so repulsive that it's been chosen as the uniform colour of cigarette packets.  There: That should be enough to put people off smoking good and proper!

It got me thinking.  Can a colour really be classed as ugly?  Surely all hues are beautiful in the right context.  In fact I've got an ingenious little bag made out of one big long zip that's not far off this shade.  It was bought for me by Red Mel and I'm rather fond of it.  And as for the name 'Opaque Couche',  I'm finding those words in combination  rather lovely and comfort inducing.



10 comments:

  1. Ugly is probably not quite the right word for an unpleasant colour. I thoroughly dislike that shade of pink that kids paint for skin tones ! Revolting would be a good word for it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I may be contrary but I rather like that colour. I think I would describe it as a mustardy-olive-green colour which doesn't sound too bad! Vive le difference!😊

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I was thinking olive when I saw it. Not too bad at all. xx

      Delete
  3. It's not so far off what the Tudors called "goose turd green"! Don't mind it in the slightest.
    Arilx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Love that name. Very descriptive. Doesn't have the elegance of 'opaque couche' though xx

      Delete
  4. Colour is subjective. I personally turn inside out in horror at the mere thought of wearing pink.......

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You see I don't. I love pink. As Carole R up above said 'Vive le Difference!' xx

      Delete
  5. I like pink but that colour above eugh! Khaki or kacky...

    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn'the it funny? I must have a very tolerant pallette for colour! xx

      Delete