Thursday, 25 May 2017

Ponderings on Coldplay




Because of Louis I'm revisiting the songs of Coldplay.  Sometimes when it comes to his musical taste I'm reminded of the reaction of my Dad in my own teenage years.  'Turn  that bloody row down!!!!' I want to bawl out.  But with Chris Martin and the boys it's different.  We are on common ground. Thoughtful words sung by a beautiful voice.

So 'Hymn for the Weekend'  is now a special favourite when I'm driving - especially on the way home.  It's incredibly joyous.   I have a little dance in the car.  Lord knows what the other commuters think but I'm not into caring about that anymore.  And I went out running accompanied by a batch of Coldplay singles the other morning.  I  was particularly touched by the  lyrics  from 'Fix You' .   Those about the   dissatisfaction felt by 'getting what you want and not what you need' hit home.  Our desires are not always what are best for us.  And what about these lines?

'If you never try you'll never know
Just what you're worth'.

These words provoked a little pondering and some internal rhetoric.

'When you love someone and it goes to waste
Could it be worse?'

'Yes it could be way worse'  I told Chris. 'For love never goes to waste.'  On that note I'll get on with my day.  Have a wonderful one good people! xx




.

4 comments:

  1. I have a soft spot for Coldplay and my kid Link likes them, too - neither of us outgrew them! Would still love to see them live.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've blogged about my new favourite band at the moment...You might quite like them, I think. https://fatdormouse.wordpress.com/2017/05/25/telling-the-bees/
    please let me know if you enjoy them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It reminds me of early-ish Genesis. Would be great to hear in a festival field. Thanks for the tip. xx

      Delete