Tuesday, 16 May 2017

Show and Tell Two


Day two of showing you something new that has arrived in my house.  Even though I've always hankered after a rocking chair the cynics among you will be relieved to hear that God didn't tell me to go and buy one!  No this was generously gifted from Red Mel,    It was the twenty first birthday present from her ex-husband.   It didn't really fit in her bijou Bristol flat and maybe, with its history, it was good for her to part with it.  She's thrilled that it's found a place in the little alcove in my bedroom where I love to sit and chill.    The Lloyd Loom chair with the Yellowstone throw has moved to the living room.  I've been thinking I could do with extra seating down there. Now when there's a crowd one less person will have to perch on a pouffe.

My  friends and family are the best.  I am so fortunate to have  such kind, wonderful people in my life.  They are my rocks.  I know with 100% certainty that they would be there for me in a crisis and even if I lost everything  I would be well cared for.   They would feed me, keep a roof over my head and console me with prosecco until I was back on my feet again.   But  it's a symbiosis.  They know that I would do the same for them too.  I've voiced it sometimes for those who need to hear that my love for them is not just word froth.  It seems that our ongoing expressions of generosity towards each other affirm this.

2 comments:

  1. I would sit on that chair and stitch to my heart's content. Beautiful wee space for some peaceful reflection. Catriona

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep it's my little cosy reading corner. xx

      Delete