Tuesday, 23 May 2017

Titty Squishing


I give thanks at the end of the day for the good things. Yesterday's list included:


  • The very beautiful smile and the sneaky kiss that Lou gave me when I dropped him off to catch the school bus yesterday.  Teenagers rarely go for public displays of affection.
  • That I have the things in my life that I need, clothes to wear, enough food, clean water, a reliable car to get me to work.  Better to focus on them that the things that are missing.
  • The swallows that flew low overhead whilst  I was seeing one of the people on my caseload in her lovely garden.
  • My Twitter following for my business website is increasing in leaps and bounds.  It's become a bit addictive.  Little things pleasing little minds and all that.
  • That I could do my favourite drive.  The ferry from Kingswear and then the glorious views from the coast road between Dartmouth and Kingsbridge.
  • The wonderful weather.  Maybe my boots have finally been banished permanently to the wardrobe until the autumn.
  • The leftovers in the fridge that meant that I didn't have to cook when I got home
  • One about Lou again:  We went out collecting elderflowers to make cordial on Sunday.  We bottled our produce yesterday.  Unprompted, my son popped out of the house and gave away two bottles - to be neighbourly. 
Following on from a recent cervical smear  I also had my biennial titty squashing session  in the car park of the local DFS.  For that's the glamorous location where  the local breast screening van is sited. Luckily I only have two 'boys' to my name, unlike this lady  here who'd give the staff  there  a run for their money!  The radiographer confirmed that breasts were male entities.  'They give us so much trouble you see!'  she said in justification.   Remembering my recent bra buying shenanigans I concurred.  But yesterday I expressed special gratefulness too for those preventative procedures that I'm entitled to free of charge on the NHS.  In spite of its troubles,  our wonderful health service is still rather special.



6 comments:

  1. Agreed about making sure you take up your free screening. As my Mother died from bowel cancer, I'm also a crusader for the poo test. What a lovely son you have to think of others when you had been making the cordial. Catriona

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes he is pretty lovely. I'm blessed. xx

      Delete
  2. I too have finally put my boots away. Looking at today's picture and thinking of the breast screening, all I can say is Ouch!I have had this done three times now and am also so grateful to our N.H.S. for these preventative procedures.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It'seems now the Birkenstock time of year. Yay! xx

      Delete
  3. My last one was so painful, and they're always painful, that they threatened to leave home if I do it again in the foreseeable future.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That made me giggle. Bless! I don'the find it too bad. Think discomfort rather than pain. xx

      Delete