Wednesday, 28 June 2017

Meaning

Photo:  Men's Fellowship Network

Something rather wonderful is happening.  For the first time in months, nay years, I am consistently sleeping right through.  I put it down to being generally less anxious.  Maybe this is due to adopting a meticulously regular morning and evening meditation regime.  Sure there are still the usual challenges: work, finances, the extra juggling that comes from being a single mum to a teenager.  But they don't seem to bother me in the wee small hours of the morning like they used to.

I'm even waking late sometimes.  You have to understand that is still pretty early in most people's book.  I'm an early bird and like to be up and about before five.  Today I woke just after 5:30. I'm not going to complain.

As there's less time for blogging then this morning I thought I'd let you ponder on this diagram and I'll allow this quite wonderful Japanese concept speak for itself!

8 comments:

  1. I'm glad to hear you are sleeping through and are less anxious

    I for one am always amazed at how early you post ! I am the sort that needs an alarm clock to get up at 7.30- not a morning bird and never have been ..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not always up at 5 blogging. Sometimes I schedule posts in advance when I've got my act together. xx

      Delete
  2. like you I am an early bird, whilst Id like a lie in now and again, I do like being up before everyone else and having quiet space.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it's my quiet time before I have to talk to anyone else. Even though I love being up early my mum will confirm that I'm not at my chirpiest in the morning. xx

      Delete
  3. I'd be on my knees by mid afternoon if I woke at 5 every day. 7 is a decent time for me and if it's later than that I feel that it's a treat.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Each to their own. Apparently later risers who are tuned that way biologically are at a disadvantage as the world is not geared up for them. xx

      Delete
  4. I wake early, but I don't do anything about it until about 8.00 am. That is early enough for me to be up and about. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't get up at 5. I stay in bed. That makes it a little less horrific for you who like a long lie in I hope. xx

      Delete