Sunday, 25 June 2017

Pictures of Pictures


I spent most of yesterday indoors sorting out my craft area.  It has come on leaps and bounds.  I'm just trawling through paperwork now.  I came across some old photos which delighted.  So I thought I'd show you some in chronological order.  First up Miss Butcher's class from 1971.  Can you guess which one is me?


University days!  I think that I might be more recognisable here.  The interesting thing is that all three of us on the right of the picture were wearing each other's dresses.  In our hall of residence we had an open house thing going on between wardrobes.


An Appalachian Trail Memory:  Still not quite grey then although a badger streak was becoming evident.  I think we're in Gatlinburg, Tennessee,  The man to my right is 'Buzzard'.  His entire camping kit consisted of stuff that he'd got by collecting tokens from Marlboro' cigarettes!


I didn't finish the trail myself as my then husband cracked a bone in his knee.  But here's the picture that my friend John sent showing him at the North terminus.  One day I'll go back and do it!


I sailed to the Scillies with Salty Dog in 2004.    This was taken on the island of  St Martins.  More salt and pepper then but the grey was coming through!


I shed a little tear when I found this.  It's a laminated shot of Louis taken at nursery on a display where the kids pointed out body parts.  Lou was allocated 'eyes'.  He was such a beautiful toddler.


Not a photo but a concert ticket.  I was really pleased that this turned up.  It's the one that was recorded for the live album where Louis is convinced that you can hear me whooping.


And here's one that made me laugh.  Near naked juggler/acrobats outside the Pump Rooms at Bath!

10 comments:

  1. what great finds, its lovely coming across old pics, what a cutie louis is, those eyes...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That picture's on my wall now. Too good to hide away. xx

      Delete
  2. Thank you for sharing those special photos, Julie. Your son has grown from a beautiful toddler to a stunning young man. I splutterd into my coffee, slightly, when I saw the teacher in the first photo. I once was that teacher-21 years old with a very short skirt and lovely long hair. Later that year I was a bride and nearly 46 years later the groom and I are still a unit to be reckoned with. Must not be tempted to get the old photos out as I am supposed to be helping to prep the caravan for the off. Catriona

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd get sent home now if my skirt was that short! Mind you some of my weekend wear is just as thigh grazing! xx

      Delete
  3. What lovely photos and lovely memories I am sure.Louis is such a cutie.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He still is but in a different way ...and more photo adverse. xx

      Delete
  4. Fun pictures. Pink dress-middle in your uni pics?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes - but the dress was cream. Must be the photo quality xx

      Delete
  5. I couldn't work out which you were in the group shots but it was easier in the singles. What a gorgeous child Louis was (and still is). xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm in the middle each time. Attention seeker!!xx

      Delete