Friday, 23 June 2017

Stepping Out and Up


I have sourced a picture of a crab today firstly because I want to make a print of one.  The other reason is that I'm reminded of a conversation the other day.  Mr Metrosexual and I were out on the green near my house the other day when we met a woman that he used to work with.  'Do you know Julie?' he asked.  'I see her out running.' the lady replied.  'Does she still move like a crab?' inquired my friend.  'Yes a bit.' was the reply.  The cheek!

Anyway I'm stepping up the running efforts as my Bristol half marathon attempt is less than three months away.   Since my 10K run back in March I've cut back a bit on training.  Now I've got to knuckle down in preparation for doubling that distance.  Eek!    So off out in a minute.  I did download some fancy training plans but have decided just to do things in my own way at my own pace.  I'll update you all in about a month and start begging for sponsorship then too.

6 comments:

  1. I love the colours on that crab. Off topic again, sorry, but I just realised that you never mentioned if you enjoyed "The girl before". Did you get around to reading it? I would be interested to see what you thought of it. I really enjoyed it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Loved it and have passed it on for others to read. xx

      Delete
  2. But running you are! good luck in your training. I over did walking (power walking mind you) and pushed past three miles. While I may never truly be able to run again, I'll use your efforts to help motivate me to get stronger and walk farther each day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Walking is great too. Keep up your efforts. Running isn't for everyone. xx

      Delete
  3. love the pic of the crab, let me know when the Bristol run is and I will come and cheer you on !

    ReplyDelete