Thursday, 29 June 2017

Surfing For The Trees


Shameless plagiarisim today!  I looked over the shoulder of my friend Aril at Gnat Bottomed Towers in our GCSE blogging exam and have copied her idea for a post.   I'll think I'll be forgiven for she wrote about an idea that I'm dying to  talk about.

There's a search engine called Ecosia.  I'm surprised that I haven't heard about it before as it's been around for seven years.  But then so has my blog and only a select bunch of people have found that!  Instead of spending its advertising revenue on chocolate and mobile phones it uses it to plant trees. There's nearly 10 million extra on the  planet as a consequence and the funding for one more gets raised every two seconds.  On average, every forty five of my searches will buy a tree.

I'm sold and so is my green friend extraordinaire Salty Dog.  I've download the app to my phone and the extension to my computer.   Ecosia is now the homepage on my laptop.  Google, which I still need for my mail, calendar and other stuff, is now a shortcut on my toolbar.   As advertised the search engine is fast and I'm very happy with it.

So  please like, share and download Ecosia you lovely peeps out there.   It really is worth a try.  With my little activism hat on I'd liked to think that Aril and I have got a few more people to get on our virtual boards and surf for the trees!

7 comments:

  1. My eldest son introduced me to Ecosia which I have to as enthusiastic he was about it, I never really followed it up, so shamed I have followed your link and now have added it :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You shouldn't be shamed. We all have so much to do! Glad you've followed it up now. xx

      Delete
  2. Thank you for that! Ecosia duly added...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for reading and acting! xx

      Delete
  3. I am on my way to look at it now! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hmm, your link doesn't link to anything...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Should do now. And I've put in some extra ones for good measure. Thanks my No:1 proofreader. xx

      Delete