Friday, 7 July 2017

Happenings at Extremities


My mad wrist has evolved.  It's all silver and semi precious stones these days which is my preferred material for jewels.  Of course if anybody wanted to buy me diamonds and  white gold or platinum I'm willing to give it a go!  The dangly fish bracelet is the first ever piece of silver jewellery I made myself.  No bad for a beginner eh!  I rediscovered in my jewellery box and I'm having a renewed love affair with it.  I might even make some more and see if there's a market for them if I ever have a moment.


There's  a new addition near ground level.  Salty Dog bought me an anklet for my birthday.  I've never had  one before.  It may be because my mum put the idea in my very young brain that only floozies wore them.  As I'm getting old and no longer care what people think I'm wearing it now the summer months are here and my lower half is not swather in calf length boots and leggings.

I'm loving the weight around the ankle.  It's strangely comforting.  Again I'm wondering if it's helping proprioception and allowing me more feedback about where body parts are in space.  I mentioned my theory to  Ibiza Queen Vikki.  She's in agreement that I seem far less accident prone than in the past.  Far less spillage and breakages.

10 comments:

  1. Love the mad wrist and wish I could wear more gorgeous jewellery like that. I mentioned on someones blog only yesterday how my wrists are ridiculously thin which makes wearing such beautiful jewellery quite uncomfortable for me. I am, however, found to be wearing an anklet on sunny days. We can be floozies together. X

    ReplyDelete
  2. When you say " floozies". ? .........I went to grammar. school in the " red light" district of Leicester, in the late 50s, and a lot of those ladies wore ankle chains!! I think yours look lovely . x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes they're the ladies who wore anklets. I met up with Calamity Jane yesterday and her mum used to say the same thing! xx

      Delete
  3. ooh love love the mad wrist! I wear a silver ring on my toe - it sort of unsettled my mum when I put it on, but she has had to get used to it! Think I might just add a touch of flooziness to my ankle too! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Like the idea of a toe ring. May have to get hunting or making. xx

      Delete
  4. Ohhh I'd love to be a floozy and wear an anklet, but I have cankles. What I'd give for a slim pair of ankles. Love the bracelets.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not sure that my ankles are particularly slim. Must be the camera angle! xx

      Delete
  5. I love your things and would like to wear them but bracelets are all too big for my tiny wrists and constant re-adjustment is necessary. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Perhaps there is a market for teeny bracelets that I could pursue? It seems a common problem. Not here though. I have a robust frame. xx

      Delete