Saturday, 15 July 2017

Little Blue


'Yes I think my mind's made up.'  That's what I said back in February when I started to think about a replacement car for Leif, my little green Skoda Citigo.  I'd hit upon the idea of having a Fiat 500.  You'll remember I toyed with a diesel one and then got hit by eco angst.  In the end I thought I'd decided on the 0.9 dual air version in a natty shade of salmon pink  called 'Glam Coral'.

But then I had a change of heart.   Those little Italian jobs are everywhere and have become a bit too ubiquitous.  I like to be different.    And did I really want a two door car and a step down in overall space?   Leif has been jolly handy for lugging around camping equipment and taking stuff to the dump.  A bike rack fits easily on his back too.   Perhaps the real clincher was the lack of heated seats in the Fiat 500 even as a extra.  Louis and I have got rather partial to having our bums warmed on chilly days!

So back to Skoda it was.  Another Citigo will be perfectly fine.  I played around with the car configurator on the company's website and found that I could add better air conditioning and a sun roof.  On warmer winter days we might have wind in our hair as well as heat around our nether regions.  This is the car I ordered yesterday.  Skoda have a special offer event on this weekend and I thought it was a good time to do it.  'Little Blue' will arrive in September.  He's on lease for three and a half years.  Then there's the option to buy.  If I'm feeling really flush at the time he'll make a brilliant present for Louis' 18th birthday.

16 comments:

  1. We have a Skoda octavia and we love it! Bradley Wiggins drives a Skoda when he is not cycling too...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I didn't know Bradley was a fan. I always knew Skodas were cool even though some people have disagreed with me. xx

      Delete
  2. Great choice and of course fabulous colour! We've finally taken the big leap and ordered our motorhome but that's not coming until Spring next year-woohoo. Catriona

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You will not regret this. Mine is the best thing I've ever owned in my life. Whoop whoop! xx

      Delete
  3. Perfect! I am betting this will indeed become Louis'!
    JanF

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations. I wish I had heated seats-on the below ) days, my but doesn't warm up until I am in my office-45 minutes from home. Little blue is a very pretty car.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Citigo heated seats have been brilliant. I'll even use them on a hot day with the air con turned on. Not the greenest thing I do but it's lovely and doesn't seem to affect fuel economy too much. xx

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. Good to get all this approval. xx

      Delete
  6. Cant beat a skoda we have had 3 fabia's now and they are so reliable. Treated ourselves to an automatic recently and we are delighted with it as it is so easy to drive. Have been reading your blog for some time now and used to work in Community OT Dept many moons ago. Regards from the Midlands

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Had two Fabias but as a single mum I have a tight budget. Love the Greentech engines for efficiency. Glad to hear you like my blog. xx

      Delete