Tuesday, 18 July 2017

Roland Gift: Still Gorgeous


At one time Roland Gift, the lead singer of the Fine Young Cannibals was voted in the top 50 'Most Beautiful People in the World'.  What bollocks: for we are all gorgeous  in our own ways darlings! Back to Roland though.  I, along with a group of my forty and fifty something friends can all vouch for the fact that he's still pretty darned hot.  And his voice still packs a punch.  We loved the lady backing singers, the same certain age as us,  in their Corbyn T-shirts too.  You go girls!

I'm still aching from Sunday.  Along with a 9km run and rather a lot of walking, I danced for hours at the 'Sounds of the Summer' event at Newton Abbot racecourse.   It was ace.   UB40, All Saints and China Crisis played too.  The Fine Young Cannibals were definite my favourite.  The '80s album 'The Raw and the Cooked' is downloaded to my Spotify account and features in my in-car entertainment selection.

I took the boy to educate him about the music from my youth.  Surprisingly China Crisis turned out to be his favourite act.  I'd forgotten this haunting song that I loved when it was a chart hit.


4 comments:

  1. He's gorgeous, isn't he? Glad you had a blast. xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah another fan of a certain age with taste. It was such a good show! xx

      Delete
  2. I had UB40 and FYC too. I always enjoy a trip down memory lane with the reruns of TOTP on BBC4.
    Arilx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. UB40 wasn't quite the same without Ali Campbell. Stil good though. xx

      Delete