Thursday, 20 July 2017

Stoney Faced




My efforts to cut down waste during 'Plastic Free July' are still going strong. There's been some cheats and a few downright failures.  I'll tell you about those another day.  But there's also been some permanent lifestyle changes too, like the milk and juice delivery.   That's got to be a good thing.

Here's a lovely idea for recycling food waste that I won't be trying anytime soon, just because  I barely have enough time in the day change my pants let alone carve avocado stones .  I've grown one before, pretty successfully too I have to say.  Until it got marauded by tiny flies and had to go.

Jan Campbell's work is wonderfully whimsical. She has her own website, Avocado Stone Faces. I especially love the calm little faces, the tiny hands and the mushrooms.  This is a woman with the perfect excuse to eat lots of avocados.  Mashed on toast with a sprinkling of salt and a dash of tabasco and lemon juice they're my favourite snack at the moment.  Yum!


7 comments:

  1. How stunning, what a gifted woman!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have you tried mashed avocado on toast and marmite? It is best if you also like marmite!! Apparently it is a very " good for you" snack. Amazing carvings. I have an avocado in the fridge but I expect the stone will go in the bin as usual. I grew a plant from one many years ago.....might have another go.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Now that sound's good. Love marmite a lot. xx

      Delete
  3. Not convinced milk and juice delivery works. Cost of petrol and labour to get a pint of milk or juice to your house and labour to deliver surely outweighs any benefit!.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well.....the milk has to get to the local shop anyway and surely there's economies of scale in the fact that the milkman delivers around the whole neighbourhood. I think there's extra costs in transporting glass. That's why there's so much plastic. But as plastic reduction is my aim that's why I'm going with it. Isn't life complicated these days? So much to weigh up. xx

      Delete