Friday, 28 July 2017

The Parking Angel and The Powerbank

I can't believe I haven't written about the parking angel before.  But no, I've looked back in time over my blog posts but there's no mention.   Each time I need to find a spot in a place where it's tricky to park I ask them to find me a space.  Invariably one appears,  'Just like that!' as Tommy Cooper would have said.    That's pretty impressive in the holiday hotspots that I live and work I assure you!

And so,  my personal path has  lead me to begin reading 'A Course in Miracles'.   I found out that you can access it free after I'd paid to download a copy but no matter.   Online teachers that I'd been listening to kept on mentioning this text about how to effect spiritual transformation so I thought I'd give it a go.   Maybe it was about time  I needed to find out how to manifest some 'bigger miracles' in my life.   'The first thing to remember about miracles is that there is no order of difficulty among them.  One is not harder or bigger than the other  They are all the same.'  So, states the book early on. That told me!

I believe the miraculous has started to happen.  Now I know that there will be sceptics out there who will think I'm a bit ga-ga but I'll take that chance.  Firstly the speaker in my car started to make horrendous noises.  'It's been blown by you playing your music too loud and needs replacing.' said the men from Skoda when Leif went in for his MOT.  Instead of stumping up I prayed for a divine repair. It's been working perfectly ever since.

The Captain America Powerbank is a little present I bought Lou on the spur of the moment.  He's labelled 'kawaii', which I now know is the Japanese word for cute.  'I could do with something similar to charge my phone in an emergency.'  was a passing thought.  The next day a powerbank arrived in the post, a free gift thanking me for my loyalty to Brittany Ferries.  White, rectangular and not kawaii in any shape or form but it'll do the job nicely.  I was delighted.   A coincidence?  Probably, but maybe a few more of those might happen in my life from now on!

7 comments:

  1. I love my power bank, I couldn't live without it, especially when we are camping, so I am very pleased you have reminded me to go and buy a second one for my son, who quite often tries to steel mine!...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm a convert - especially as the battery life on my phone is so naff these days! xx

      Delete
  2. I need to park in a very full private car park every Tuesday when I do my Oxfam bookshop shift. I always speak out loud to my "parking angel" as I leave home and she hasn't failed me yet....even if it is sometimes double parking and I leave my whereabouts on the dashboard!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! Someone else seeking celestial help to find a parking spot. Glad I'm not alone. xx

      Delete
  3. Thanks for this Julie-I will look it up later. I think we will each be buying a Powerbank when we get the motorhome. Late to the party, but I donated this morning(with gift aid) to your Just Giving page. Catriona

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes they'd be good in the motorhome. And a DC charger for a laptop is handy. Thanks so much for the donation. It was appreciated greatly. xx

      Delete
  4. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete